Dr. Philip J. Miller, Facial Plastic Surgery from NYC illustrates the Top 10 Benefits of Rhinoplasty [Infographic]
Here are the Top 10 Benefits of Rhinoplasty
1. Confidence – Rhinoplasty improves self confidence in people who are self-conscious about the appearance and shape of their nose.
2. Improves Breathing – Get rid of breathing difficulties. Nasal breathing may be improved after Rhinoplasty.
3. Fix Broken Nose – The nose is the most commonly broken facial bone. Rhinoplasty can improve injury related nasal deformities.
4. Sinus Problems – Rhinoplasty may be combined with sinus surgery to fix breathing problems and chronic sinusitis.
5. Revision Rhinoplasty – Also known as secondary or tertiary rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty is a procedure that corrects prior unsuccessful surgery of the nose.
6. Correct Birth Defects – Rhinoplasty can be performed to meet aesthetic goals and correct congenital malformations of the nose.
7. Restore Facial Symmetry – Rhinoplasty can correct myriad problems, such as a crooked nose or bulbous tip.
8. Bullying – The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) believes that 76% of teen plastic surgeries are requested because of bullying.
9. Snoring – Rhinoplasty may stop or reduce snoring, as well as other sleep problems. 23% of couples sleep in separate bedrooms because of their partners snoring. The third most common cause of divorce is snoring.
10. Career Reasons – Many patients’ believe that nose job surgery improves their careers, and contributes to success and power on the job
See Infographic below:
Did you undergo a Rhinoplasty? If so, what was one of the benefits? Share your comments or drop us a line.
Dr. Philip J. Miller is a member of the Living Sage Plastic Surgery Network, check out his profile and content here:
Dr. Miller on Living Sage Network